FAQ | T&C
Queries mail : email@example.com
WhatsApp Number : 8095 050 555
Mobile Number : 88795 13607
Frequently Ask Questions
- Each team can have maximum of 5 members.
- Students, Hobbyists, Researchers, Working Enthusiasts are all eligible to participate.
- The team’s entry must be their original work.
- The entry, in part or full should not have been published / patented / submitted for any other similar competition.
- The entry should not have been supported fully or partially by any private/public-funding agency.
- Entries Report shouldn’t violate any copyright / patent / publication norms.
- All participating team members should declare their current affiliation.
- The abstract (and not full details) of the entries submitted will be in the public domain.
- The student teams shall provide necessary approvals from respective institutes to participate in the competition
- The application proposal could also be part of the student’s final year project with necessary approvals from the department and faculty advisor.
Terms and Conditions
- Please read and accept following terms and conditions of the ELDAAS Artificial Intelligence Competition (“Competition” or “the Challenge”) conducted by ELDAAS Technologies Pvt Ltd (“ELDAAS”) before participating in the Challenge. By registering and participating in Competition, participants (on participants’ own behalf and on behalf of any eligible organization or team that participants represent) (“participant” or “participants’ “) agree that participants understand and unconditionally accept these terms and conditions and that these terms and conditions are a binding contract between participants and ELDAAS. By registering for a team, participants covenant that all members of the team have reviewed these Terms and Conditions and have authorized participants to agree to these terms on their behalf. Each individual participant, and each faculty supervisor (if applicable), is required to accept these terms and conditions.
- PLEASE PARTICIPATE IN THE AI COMPETITION ONLY IF PARTICIPANTS AGREE WITH ALL THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- Participants need agree to adhere to the timelines, submission requirements and other criteria for Competition as communicated to participants from time to time by ELDAAS or its representatives.
- The manner and form of evaluation, decisions on the selection, prize or any matter pertaining to Competition by ELDAAS shall be final and at its sole discretion. No claims or explanations in respect of such evaluation or decisions shall be entertained by ELDAAS at any stage of Competition.
- Participant entries will be judged for: Innovation and Creativity of solution, completeness of the solution, and applicability of the Product / Solution / Algorithm to Real-Life situation, and Optimization of the solution / Product / Service / Algorithm for best ROI.
- All the documents, ideas, materials, designs and/or other work or deliverables submitted or developed by participants as part of AI Competition (“Challenge Materials”), and all Intellectual Property (IP) therein, are participants’ property. The evaluation, use and publication of materials, designs and/or ideas submitted by participants in Competition are at the discretion of ELDAAS Management. The manner, mode, form and timing of evaluation, use or publication, as also the alteration, deletion, addition and editing of content of the materials, designs or ideas submitted to ELDAAS as part of Competition will be determined by ELDAAS.
- By making a submission of any Challenge Materials as part of Competition, participants authorize ELDAAS to valuate and use such Challenge Materials for the purposes of the Challenge. Participants further grant to ELDAAS a right of first refusal on any licenses, sales or other transfers of rights in the intellectual property in such Challenge Materials (“IP Transaction”); Participants shall provide ELDAAS with notice of any terms and counterparty of the proposed IP Transaction at least 90 days prior to entering into such IP Transaction with any third party; if ELDAAS delivers notice of acceptance of such proposed terms within such 90 day period, then participant and ELDAAS shall negotiate exclusively to enter into a definitive agreement documenting such terms for a period of 90 days from such ELDAAS acceptance. If ELDAAS does not deliver such notice, or if participants and ELDAAS do not reach agreement on the definitive agreement in such 90 days after ELDAAS’s acceptance, then participants shall be free to enter into such IP Transaction with the disclosed counterparty on terms at least as favorable to participants as the terms contained in participants’ initial notice of the IP Transaction. Participants agree and acknowledge that the fact that such Challenge Materials could potentially make participants eligible for awards offered by ELDAAS to a winning participant of Competition forms sufficient consideration for the above right of first refusal, irrespective of whether or not participants are finally selected as the winner of Competition or provided any award or recognition.
- The Challenge Materials submitted by participants in relation to Competition must be independent, original and genuine work and must not infringe the intellectual property rights or otherwise of a third party. In the event of any non-compliance with the foregoing, participants hereby agree to indemnify and keep indemnified ELDAAS and its affiliates against all losses, claims, damages, liabilities and expenses (including attorney fees) incurred by ELDAAS or its affiliates as a result of such non-compliance.
- Participants shall ensure that participants comply with all applicable laws and policies and procedures of participants’ employer (if participants are currently employed by a company and participating in Competition) in participating in, and submitting Challenge Materials for, Competition. ELDAAS has no duty to check participants’ Challenge Materials for such compliance and participants alone shall be responsible for all consequences of failing to adhere to the pertinent laws, policies or procedures.
- A shortened abstract of participants’ initial proposals may be made available by ELDAAS on a public website.
- Participants acknowledge and agree that the Challenge is not an offer of employment and that ELDAAS is not bound to offer employment to participants in connection with Competition, whether or not participants are successful.
- Participants shall ensure that participants comply with all applicable laws and the policies and procedures of participants’ institute/ university/organization in making the submissions for the Challenge and participants shall be solely responsible for all consequences of failing to adhere to such pertinent laws, policies or procedures.
- Participants shall not indulge in any unfair or unethical practices in order to improve participants’ chances of winning Competition and if participants are found engaging in such practices, participants shall be liable, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies enjoyed by ELDAAS, to be disqualified from participating further in Competition. Further, ELDAAS reserves the right to take any action in its sole discretion against the Competition participant found violating any of the above terms and conditions or any other rules and guidelines communicated by ELDAAS or its representatives.
- Participants agree and acknowledge that participants participate in Competition at participants’ sole risk and expense. Participants are solely responsible for all participants’ costs and expenses in connection with Competition, except as ELDAAS may agree in writing from time to time in its sole discretion.
- Participants are not guaranteed any awards or payments from ELDAAS or any third party. All awards and payments made by ELDAAS in respect of Competition shall be subjected to tax and other statutory deductions as mandated by applicable law. Any and all taxes, surcharges and charges in respect of the awards and payments shall be borne by the Challenge Participant alone and ELDAAS shall not be liable for the same.
- ELDAAS reserves its exclusive right, exercisable at any time, without notice, to amend, add to, delete from, alter or otherwise change the terms and conditions in relation to the Challenge. ELDAAS also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to postpone, suspend, and cancel the entire Challenge or a part thereof.
- By participating in the Challenge, participants agree to release and hold harmless ELDAAS, sponsors and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives of said sponsors, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the submission of Challenge Materials in the Challenge.
- ELDAAS makes no warranties whatsoever, whether express or implied, in respect of the Challenge and any subsequent interview or interaction and hereby disclaims all liability to participants and all other participants in respect of acts or omissions regarding the conduct of the same and any decisions made by ELDAAS with respect to selection of winning entries or use of submitted materials, designs or ideas. ELDAAS shall not accept any liability in respect of any errors or oversights in conducting the Challenge and selecting winning participants.
- Participants may withdraw from the AI Competition at any time by delivery of written notice of withdrawal to ELDAAS; provided that, in any event, all rights participants granted to ELDAAS in the Challenge Materials, and the right of first refusal set forth in aforesaid sections, shall survive the expiration or termination of participants’ participation in Competition.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these terms and conditions, or the rights and obligations of the parties in connection with the Challenge shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India as applied in the State of Karnataka. Participants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Challenge shall be subject to jurisdiction of Courts at Bangalore.